168 new residential aged care places will be provided in locations across Barker providing a welcome boost to aged care services as part of the Morrison Government’s record funding and expansion of aged care, Member for Barker Tony Pasin has said.
“Every one of these new places will mean local seniors and their families can have more confidence, knowing they have future care options in locations as close as possible to the communities they know and love.”
Together with increased aged care places, some facilities will also receive capital funding to establish, extend and refurbish new and existing homes.
“These capital works will not only lead to bigger and better aged care services, they will support local construction jobs and businesses in Barker,” Mr Pasin said.
In Barker, successful applications under the 2018-19 ACAR:
• Barossa Village in Nurioopta – 19 new aged care places and $3 million capital grant
• Boandik Lodge in Mount Gambier – 48 new aged care places and $1.5 million capital grant • Charla Lodge in Bordertown – 16 new aged care places
• Jallarah Homes in Meningie – $398,000 capital grant
• RSL Care SA in Murray Bridge – 72 new aged care places
• Lerwin Nursing Home in Murray Bridge – 5 new aged care places
• Abbeyfield Society in Williamstown – 8 new aged care places and $2.8 million in capital grant
“Improving and expanding local residential facilities and aged care services is fundamental to keeping our communities strong.”
The Morrison Government is boosting annual aged care investment by $5.5 billion, with annual funding to grow from $18.1 billion to $23.6 billion a year by 2022-23.
“I congratulate these organisations on securing these new aged care places and I look forward to seeing the benefits of this funding flow to our community,” Mr Pasin said.
Details on the 2018–19 Aged Care Approvals Round outcomes, including successful providers, is available on www.agedcare.health.gov.au/funding/aged-care-approvals-round-acar/2018-19-aged-care-approvals-round.
Contact: Charlotte Edmunds 8531 2466